Pages

Monday, May 28, 2018

Leap of Faith

Leap Of Faith


The sun had gone low and the moon started to shine slowly. Tonight I knew the night was my night. I secretly told my friends the news as I stood on the branch ready to launch.


I felt the strong gust grabbing me from behind. I flapped my wings as fast as I could to stay steady and I was lucky that my talons were wrapped tightly  around the branch. I held my breath and lifted up my other foot. My talons were shaking as I spread my wings. I felt scared and excited at the same. With my wings open wide I leapt into the wind. It carried me up higher and higher. From the safety of my branch I glided away focused and hungry.


I could see the worms in the night clearly. I felt the strong wind that could carry me away. It was intense, but I manage to used the momentum of the wind and swooped down and stretched out my razor sharp talons. That worm had no chance. I grab the worm then returned to my nest ready to share the delicate worms with my friends.

Today for writing we have been learning how to write narratives. To complete this task I wrote a narrative about a story called Leap of Faith. In my narrative I used a lot of powerful words to make my narrative sound interesting. We used to word clines to help us write our narratives. We used a synonym site called thesaurus to find similar words to our word clines to make it more powerful.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Josh,
    You have wrote a really detailed poem about you taking risk and taking leaps of faiths. I have done some thing similar you can look at my blog using this Pbsjoshuaw.blogspot.com. Next time you should add some paragraphs to it, Great work keep it up. Did you enjoy doing this poem about your leap of faith? Keep all the hard work up.

    ReplyDelete